Founded during the spring semester of 2015, the Echols Ambassadors Program seeks to connect prospective Echols Scholars to current students who belong to the University of Virginia's renowned Honors program.
Chosen after each spring semester's application and interview process, the Echols Ambassadors represent the diverse geographical, academic, and extracurricular environment of the passionate honors community throughout the academic year as well as during Virginia's official Days On The Lawn.
All new Echols Ambassadors will have the following responsibilities:
- Attending three training sessions throughout February and March to learn more about and better represent the Echols Program and Admissions
- Answering questions over email and conducting skype calls with prospective students regarding the Echols Scholar Program and life at the University of Virginia
- Informally meet with prospective students visiting Grounds for coffee or lunch (on us!) to discuss the Echols Scholar Program
- Coordinating Days On The Lawn activities and volunteering as lead panelists and lunch buddies
- Contacting students, schools, and counselors in your designated region for the new Outreach Initiative
The application process to serve in the 2016 calendar year as an Echols Ambassador is now over. However if you would still like to be involved, we encourage you to sign up as a volunteer during one of the Days on the Lawn. Applications for the next class of ambassadors will be sent out January of 2017.
Please contact Connor Graham (email@example.com) if you have any questions about the program or the application process!