Founded during the spring semester of 2015, the Echols Ambassadors Program seeks to connect prospective Echols Scholars to current students who belong to the University of Virginia's renowned Honors program.
Chosen after each spring semester's application and interview process, the Echols Ambassadors represent the diverse geographical, academic, and extracurricular environment of the passionate honors community throughout the academic year as well as during Virginia's official Days On The Lawn.
All new Echols Ambassadors will have the following responsibilities:
- Attending three training sessions throughout February and March to learn more about and better represent the Echols Program and Admissions
- Answering questions over email and conducting skype calls with prospective students regarding the Echols Scholar Program and life at the University of Virginia
- Informally meet with prospective students visiting Grounds for coffee or lunch (on us!) to discuss the Echols Scholar Program
- Coordinating Days On The Lawn activities and volunteering as lead panelists and lunch buddies
- Contacting students, schools, and counselors in your designated region for the new Outreach Initiative
Applications for the next class of ambassadors are now open, and will close at midnight on November 6th.
Please contact Katie Cantone (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about the program or the application process!